Currently Seeking: Carpenter
Boom Brothers Property Solutions is looking for a Carpenter to join our team. We specialize in kitchen, bathroom, basement, decks, various additions and other custom residential remodel projects. We are looking for Carpenters with all levels of experience who love thinking outside the box and wowing clients. The ideal candidate will have their own vehicle, tool pouches, hand tools and be willing to travel within a 40-mile radius. We offer performance-based advancement and a fast-paced environment with options for benefits after a 6-month trial period. If this sounds like a good fit, please fill out our application and send it along with your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Interpret client requests and provide mock-ups for clients to approve prior to commencing work
- Build cabinets, vanities, tub and shower surrounds, custom cabinetry, flooring, and tile work
- Frame room additions as needed
- Select and evaluate materials for defects
- Install cabinets, counters, trim, doors, windows, siding, light drywall work/patches, and molding
- Follow and Comply with code requirements for residential remodeling projects
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet permit requirements and the needs of clients
- Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, and other materials
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and door/window frames
- Help erect, level, and install building framework
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ years’ experience in finish carpentry preferred but not required
- 1+ years’ experience in rough carpentry preferred but not required
- Extensive knowledge of power tools, including, circular saw, miter saw, jig saw, table saw, sanders, nail gun, staple gun, impact, and drills
- Possession of basic hand tools and reliable transportation to job sites
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time
- Ability to climb and work from ladders
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 80 pounds
We are searching for a full-time candidate which may include working evenings and weekends. Overtime as needed in order to meet deadlines. Normal work days are considered 8am to 5pm with a one-hour lunch.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. High School courses in English, mathematics, mechanical drawing, and shop preferred.
Will be working alongside one of the owners daily, gaining experience about how we operate and the various levels of services we provide to our clients. After finishing an apprenticeship, carpenters may perform tasks on their own.
Growing up together just south of Madison, Wisconsin, Mitch and Carson consider each other brothers. Their last names may be different, but they operate as one. Between the two of them they have experienced financial acumen and great work ethic in remodeling and renovation. In their off time they enjoy farming, working in the shop on personal projects, and spending time with their loved ones.
For over 7 years Mitch worked at Trachte, Inc. in Oregon, WI making steel fabricated buildings. Starting as a Laborer, he worked himself up into a Foreman position overseeing his own team before leaving to run Boom Brothers full-time. In his off-time he works on his family farm in Brooklyn, WI.
Email Mitch: email@example.com
Call Mitch: (608) 423-5080 ext. 701
Working as a Business Analyst and Secondary Market Specialist in the banking industry for over 8 years, Carson runs the finances for the business. He also enjoys getting away from the desk to assist Mitch on projects and taking care of his family land.
Email Carson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Carson: (608) 423-5080 ext. 700